Thread: Fuel Saving?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 10:52 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly0410 View Post
We have unmarked crossroads here in England where no one has the right of way, you crawl across them ready to hit the brakes. When I was a driving instructor I loved to take my pupils to them to see what they'd do, some just froze in fear, lol. When traffic lights conk out at a crossroads it then becomes an unmarked crossroads, mind you chaos usually ensures...
Most stop lights in the US have folding stop signs for when the power goes out or the controller fails....police will fold the sign open then the intersection officially becomes a 4 way stop...you are technically supposed to treat it as one if the light is out or flashing green or red (flashing yellow can sometimes be a deliberately programmed yield when rush hour has passed).

I don't think I have ever seen an unmarked cross roads on any public road here in the US... every public cross road down to the most desolate dirt road so far out you'll be lucky to get daytime AM radio usually has a sign...
Private roads are a horse of a different color (though ones where more people than the land owner are expected to visit often have signs to prevent accidents).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 06-04-2020 at 10:55 AM. Reason: autocorrect sucks.