Thread: An Analog Treat
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 03:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etype2 View Post
I can relate to this thread. Very nice KV 5100. I go back to the 40's. IMO the Trinitron is and was the best color TV ever made. We had a KV 7010UA and a KV 1210U that worked perfectly from 1969 to 2006 until my wife gave them away by mistake. (We found replacements.) We still have a KV 1722 with the 114 deflection angle that was purchased new in 1973. Still near perfect today after 42 years of operation. How is that for longevity? I use it every few days, just has a minor purity problem in the upper left hand corner. All three were never serviced once! Reliability in spades. We purchase many other models all in perfect working condition including a KV-5000 and KV-5100. They are on my website with screen shots.

BTW, we lived on the sixth floor of Geneva Towers facing the lake. You might be familiar with that area.

The Trinitron is basically an improved Chromatron.
Oh! You own that site! I've spent a lot of hours on your site reading and researching the sets you own, and gathering information from stuff you have posted. I love the detailed pictures you take of the sets, and I have used some of your images to recalibrate my sets to look correct.

The little 5" Sony sets are my favorites by far. I own several other unusual sets, all Japanese, but I have never found the motivation to make a site like you did.

I'm down to seeking out "nicer" duplicates of sets I already own. IE: Low to no hours, all accessories with, ect. That's why I purchased a second KV5100. My first one didn't cost much but it's tired. This one is not!

And yeah, Geneva Towers is the tallest building in Lake Geneva. Grand Fathered in before they changed the city laws to "No buildings taller then the trees". I drive past it every day.
Audiokarma