View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023, 12:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here are some pictures of the chassis after removal from the cabinet. There have been some repairs to it. Of course, those repairs entailed just tack soldering the new part to the old lead. I have already started repairing the repairs. All paper capacitors will be replaced. The AC line caps were replaced first.

Before starting on this restoration, I brought it up slowly on my Sencore PR57. Needless to say, there was no raster and at about 100 volts, the Horizontal Output tube was showing slightly red. I was specifically watching for that, knowing that if the horizontal was not oscillating, this would happen.
Changing channels did bring some scratchy noise through the speaker some we have some life already.

After replacing a all paper capacitors in the horizontal and vertical sections, I did get some high voltage. Preliminary reading was 3 kilovolts, a lot low. But it was encouraging to see that we had made some progress.

The speaker, which is in perfect condition has been covered with cardboard.

I am aware of the yellow cadmium on the chassis. Proper safety precautions are being taken and that stuff will be removed safely.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf chassisFront.pdf (160.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: pdf ChassisRear.pdf (195.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: pdf ChassisUnder.pdf (288.6 KB, 29 views)