View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 08:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

I replaced a ton of capacitors around the sound amplifier and it certainly made a difference. Originally there was very little sound and after replacing all of the paper capacitors, it will blast you out now, even with the cardboard over the speaker.

I did rebuild one electrolytic filter capacitor and intend to rebuild (restuff) the rest of them soon.

I can tell that the vertical is about the right frequency by moving the vertical hold control and you can see that it stops rolling. However, it appears that the horizontal is way off frequency. I will have to scope the signal and see if I can get a feel for what frequency it is operating at. I will go back and check all of the resistors around the Multivibrator tube and make sure I replaced the capacitors with the correct value (hopefully not off by a power of 10!). As others certainly know, each step of replacement gets things better and better.

Probably not today because I have other things that need attention... like the outside, weeds, grass, landscape etc.