View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thats a really unfortunate situation Chris. Im glad you at least got the guy back! Is the ad still available with pictures? Im curious what it looked like it could help me identify the model. The 29JC20 that I had was an all fiber back too. The only metal part that I knew of was the CRT cup on back but who knows if there were differences in the different models. I do know the 29JC was optioned with space command and would have had the push buttons like any other space command but don't know what to tell you on the UHF tuner. It could have been a factory add on? I know my '63 Zenith chinese cabinet set has the optional little UHF tuner that mounts in the speaker grill area.
I've been screwed on craigslist too. I called up on a zenith stereo that looked really nice in the pictures last year. The lady i talked to said sure come check it out. When I got to the house, the lady opens the door and askes who I am. I tell her Im here for the stereo. She looks at me and goes "Oh my god, I forgot, we actually sold it yesterday". I said "we talked an hour ago and you said its still here". She said she forgot she sold it and had a mind blank. Yeah right, what a bunch of bs.
You meet some of the most whacked out people on craigslist. Sadly, it seems to be a good cross section of seeing what America has turned into...

But back to the topic, I'd be curious what this TV looked like at least. It sounded very interesting. Might be better off if I don't see it though if you know what I mean...