Thread: 1947 fada saga
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 05:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

it sounds like you have been at it for awile, best thing you can do when you start [ fighting ] something like this . is go work on something else or get away from it for a little bit, clear your head study the schematic for what voltage's at certain point's should be ,your polarity at the same point's , dont asume anything esp. caps. are ok check your test methid , when i test a cap in question i put it through more than one kind of test i have the usual digital test meter's but i try to make it work under a load thats were you see if it brakes down or shorts it self ,i made yrs ago a tester that is simple that can find leakage with a neon bulb & diode its only good for a certain range but has been 100percent on some of these caps that test good but fail while working / over the yrs i found that a cap thats a leaker when you use digital meter the value just can be just a slight off, if in question replace it. resisters can fool you to they can test ok with a meter but under a load not allow enough current flow starving out something else down the line or not being able to block at a certain level causeing more current to go to wrong part of the circuit .test your test methids assume nothing ,when you test voltage's make sure pretty close to what it should be. alot of time there are more than one component messing with you at the same time alone the component doesnt have a big effect on the but combine with another now its dead ,its like your car you dont notice [in town] when one headlight go,s out but you do when the last one does. relax dont fight with it ,get away clear your head ,start over make sure when you think a component is ok ,make sure that is ok . when you find the problem you will say this is what caused all this trouble .and you probley say @&^^%& then through it in the trash, or bury it in the back yard . good luck