View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 09:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

It is my belief that many (most) of the folks selling antique radios on Ebay and etsy and other sites of the like have no clue about what it means for a radio to be "working" . Most I'll bet will plug it in (or in this case put a bunch of batteries in) and if they get any reception at all they think all is A OK and that it's "working" . This seller likely did just that , put batteries in , got reception on the FM band , and said "well , it works" , which it does . Now , since the seller didn't say "works perfectly on all bands" I really don't think there was any attempt at deliberate deception and for you to ding him/her with a negative feedback would be mean spirited indeed . Antique radios WILL need work , just as all antique electronic technology will , and the fact that it didn't show up totally dead means you got just that , a working radio that needs a bit of service to be what your demanding it to be , "perfectly working on all bands" , which I don't believe the seller stated .

PS , I have no relation to either the seller or the buyer , I've just seen enough of the "chip on the shoulder" posts to know when someone's being overly picky , which seems like the case here . Your supposed to be some kind of radio expert with the HAM callsign you so proudly display in your sig line , now why not put some of that radio knowledge to work and polish this into the "perfectly working" radio you expect it to be ....