View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 04:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamT View Post
It is a feed thru, its located in the bracket that is immediately to the side of the HOT socket. one end is connected to the yellow wire. It looks like a resister with a collar around it.

Not sure how you feel about your past steps but this might be a good time to regroup and repeat and verify some of your work. Zeno's advice is quite sound.

Can you post a picture of the 3 safety caps you replaced?

Have you checked the damper diode?

You can check the feed thru cap with an ohmmeter but that does not rule it out as a problem. It may not be shorted with a DC voltage present but if you put the screws back into the HOT, the horiz circuit will start and the AC voltage there is quite high. From the HOT socket, collector pin, what sort of resistance to ground are you seeing?
I will check this this evening and go back through and verify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
Usually 2 caps are on the flyback & 3 more under the chassis.
If any got changed to orange ones you may miss them.
Feed thrus are known to go but its rare. I think I had 2 or 3
all on the 13GC10 13" chassis.
I did see a NOS triple at one of the distributors BTW. Try to stay original.
BTW I hope that putty was put on by the owner. If it were a tech
I would fire him. Lucky they didnt see fire trucks !!

Zeno
I didn't see any other orange ones that looked like my replacements. Looking through the SAMs I only see C268, C267, and C265 listed as 22-5001 capacitors. I replaced the 2 on the flyback and the one right after the HOT. Do you happen to know the designations of the other 2?

I was looking online and had no luck finding a 212-139 tripler for sale. Fingers crossed this one is okay. However, that focus divider is a mess. I do plan on replacing that at least if the tripler turns out okay. This was a one owner set and based on its heavy usage I doubt it was done by the owner.