View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 05:07 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Some good tips here. To blazes with a fortune in test gear, most of which won't get a lot of use, push what you have right to the edge.

What would be considered a wide frequency range in a sine wave generator? I picked up a Hewlett-Packard 652A a couple of months ago for free, apparently in working condition, the only catch being the meter is loose and slapping about in there. Its frequency range is 10Hz to 10MHz. I had no idea what I might be able to do with the thing, I just thought it was kind of neat.
You got a good generator. I had one about 7 years ago that I managed to damage (was doing some tube RF experiments and messed up) and later sold it. Those are useful for audio and you can get interesting video patterns feeding them into a tube set past the detector. You could use it with a scope and counter...Heck if you build or find an outboard AM or FM modulator you could use it as a test generator for radio work*.

*You can without it by tuning for minimum noise (generator carrier swamping ambient noise), but a modulator with tone is more fun to use.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma