View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 09:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
Well Would having that resistor disconnected (although from the way it sounds it maybe wasnt meant to connect to anything else as it is connected across both jack's hot terminals but it just looks weird how they have it just sitting there like that) cause the record player to hum really badly when you touch the tone arm and when in normal operation? Just wondering because it has a hum to it that is controllable with the volume and tone controls, and its acting almost like its not grounded even though when I looked at the turntable itself it doesn't appear to have any sort of ground wire comming off of the turntable and going to the chassis anywhere like I have seen on some of the later stereophonic V-M changers that are in other branded record players like Motorola and Zenith or what not.
Would the lack of a seperate chassis ground wire on this unit be because this unit was meant to ground the turntable through the audio connector jack or power plug somehow, but maybe has a loose ground connection in the chassis itself for either the audio jack and or power jack depending on which plug the chassis ground was running through? Just wondering
I couldn't enter the PM last night, site wouldn't take it. It's probably a corrosion problem like the tube socket. The audio input jack, that is. Just run a separate wire from the changer base, to the chassis, then see what happens.
I wouldn't worry about the electrolytic, but I would change the .047 coupling caps to the 6V6 grids, pin 5.