View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 01:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well I started to clean the backside with a vacuum and small brush to remove the dust bunnies. There did not appear to be any mouse evidence anywhere except, the most vital part ! It looks as if they worked their way around the outside of the flyback about 1 1/2"- 2" (just on the front) I can't see fine wires exposed but I do see some form of fabric or cloth fibers. I guess a test is in order for the flyback. I managed to download the info from the Radiomuseum website and the schematic has the Garod part number C-9-220 274903 crossing to a Stancor A-8117. The schematic shows the Garod C-9-220 I'm not sure what the 274903 means. It is the actual number, ( in addition to the C-9-220) on the flyback. I am going to do a full re-cap of the set, but I'm not sure if this would prove to be an instant arc, upon power up the way it is. From what I have read on google searches, this is a common flyback used in the RCA 630 and 8TS30 sets. Other tidbits seem to show a Thordarson FLY-1 as workable. There is also a picture of the missing knob, I'm not sure if something similar was used on other sets. Here are some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garodback.JPG (51.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Garodchew.JPG (51.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Garodflyback.JPG (51.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg GarodFront.JPG (49.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Garodknob.JPG (50.6 KB, 32 views)