View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Ahhhh! that's where you lost me... the reported values did not *seem" to correlate to what I was seeing on the 'scope.
jr
My biggest issue is why the B+ waveform is so fat. I found that if I adjusted the trigger level I could thin it out, but then it would lose the trigger. To get it back I had to zero out the trigger level, but then I got the fat waveform.

I just scoped all of the B+ 125V to and from each of the modules. It was consistent throughout, if I thinned out the waveform, it was roughly 1 VPP before it lost the trigger. If you count the fat wavefrom, it would be roughly 3.5 VPP.

So I'm pretty sure 1 VPP of ringing isn't going to create the jail bars. That and I've pretty much ruled out the ABL.

Not sure where check next. I've done the horizontal oscillator, wave generator and output on the horizontal board. I don't have the probe necessary to do anything with the FB, yoke or HOT.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650