View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Peanut Head

one of those "who'd a thunk it" things...

Eight years ago I was needing a small TV set for the bedroom. I hit the usual spots and there wasn't much choice in 13" sets. I did want it to be stereo and to be able to receive all the cable channels. If it did DVD's, that was a bonus. I found this one at Wally World for $75 in the closeout/defective pile. It no longer had its box, but the remote, antenna and manual were still present. There was a note taped to the screen that the remote was inoperable. So, I took a chance and bought it. The remote was an easy fix. I can't remember what it was, but it was something like a disc cap or resistor. The set was rather dusty and smudged up, so I took it apart and gave it a proper scrubbing and was surprised to see gold-banded resistors and Nichichon caps on the board! It gets about two hours of play in the morning and again in the evening before bed. I would have never thought it to have lasted this long, but its still going.
It has decent audio from its twin 3" speakers and very good DVD performance. Who'd a thunk it!?!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0237.jpg (89.4 KB, 833 views)

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.

Last edited by Celt; 02-02-2014 at 05:55 PM.