View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thank You for the help guys ! I appreciate the info and will try to get some decent screenshots with your method .

Now , To anyone in charge who reads this ;

I have been watching over the past several days since I first posted to this thread , and since March 5th when I posted , 375 new accounts have been created . NOT A ONE of them have posted anything !!!!! Every one of these new accounts have the same general properties , namely a weird string of numbers and letters that don't actually spell anything like a name or such . Now , I know what a Ham callsign looks like and know we have several users who use their Ham callsign as their screen name , but these aren't Ham callsigns . Something like "Wa2ise" IS a regular member who uses his Ham callsign . Got it . But what of the 375 new accounts ALL with names like the most recent " ui7p09q8t" ??? Is that , and the 374 others all with similar names , not worth looking into ?

I realize that most sites see ANY new accounts as a sign of growth and will never revise their membership lists when spammers and bots are banned . I really hope that ISN"T the case here , and that someone looks into this recent invasion of the no post letter/number accounts BEFORE something ugly happens to the site .