View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

This better DTV signal has not been my experience, or some of my friends in rural Oklahoma. I do not have a large antennas, but they worked fine on analog. Every time we have a windy day, the DTV craps out half the time on all the DTV converter boxes I have(I have several brands) and the one Digital TV that I have. And I am less than 30 miles from the transmtter! I did not have this issue with analog TV.

As to my friend in rural Oklahoma, it not only crapped out during wind, fog would kill DTV. The is 70 miles from the transmitter and finally gave up and got Satellite. He has a limited budget, so I am sure this extra cost hurt!

I used to live in the same area of Oklahoma and analog TV worked fine 70 miles from the transmitters.

I suspect these cable receivers are placed at the very best locations in their area for broadcast TV reception, both analog(before) and digital(now). The average homeowner does not have this luxury. The homeowners have to put up with things like blowing tree leaves, mutlipath receiption and such. These are the kinds of thing that reduced analog TV picture quality, but did not destroy the reception as these effects do with DTV.