View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 08:53 PM
M is for Memory

I haven't tried any PC based solutions for analog capture...If they are like PC solutions for HDMI capture they suck.

I forget if it was VWestlife or Technology Connections on YouTube that reviewed the HDML cloner box off Amazon but they have had good luck capturing analog off of it...It can also capture HDMI and that's what I use mine for.
To capture HDMI you need to make sure HDCP is removed...It seems like most HDMI splitters (1 in, 2 out) will remove HDCP.
The cloner box is obscenely picky about what USB thumb drive brands it will record properly to. Some it won't record to, some it will sort of record to then brick, others (older 64GB lexars) it will mostly record to fine but give occasional video glitches. The same older lexars in 32GB seem to work perfect every time... There's probably other brands that work, but I'm trying to capture live cable, and not made of money so once I find something that works it's easier to cling to it than buy a dozen thumb drives of different brands and search for a winner.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4