Thread: Quasar VR-1000
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 02:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Adam,

I think you actually outbid me on the RCA VHS and Quasar Great Time Machine, believe it or not I was willing to drive from NC to Illinois to pick them up. Quasar VX'es are really that rare on Ebay that they are nearly impossible to find, and even worth the drive, I've only seen 2 on Ebay in the last year, which by those numbers makes them exactly as rare as Cartrivision machines believe it or not.

As for Quasar tapes, there are 2 or 3 sellers on Ebay that put up auctions for them, and they constantly get relisted because they never sell (probably because they want upwards of $15 a piece for them, its such a small niche format that I doubt many would pony up that price.

As an aside, the only other time I've head of people discussing the Quasar VX format was on a tape trading board 15 years ago, they actually found a master recording of the 1978 Oakland-San Diego NFL game (infamous Holy Roller game) and he bought the player for the sole reason of converting it to DVD format. He ended up throwing out the player because no one wanted it, no joke!