View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 11:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Very good! Now you have a good sense of where you are at! Turn the color off and work toward the best B/W picture you can achieve. Nothing is going to look right with the set on its side. I would concentrate on solving the snapping every 10 seconds. It wouldn't hurt to clean in the inside of the set. I usually use a vacuum with a small paint brush and work gently through the chassis. Others will use a gentle amount of compressed air. Looks like you are inside, so that might not be your first choice. Take the tripler screws up and clean underneath and look for signs of arcing. Make sure the area around the Anode on the CRT bell is clean. DISCHARGE first, you have HV now, it will hold a charge. There are several spark gaps that may have carbon tracked or on the way, make sure CRT socket is clean and look for discoloration. Sometimes you can see the arc/snap with the room totally dark and listen carefully.

Do you have access to a HV probe to measure the HV?

Hopefully Zeno or others will chime in. I believe the added resister in the Divider Kit was to center the range of the focus control.