View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 08:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA New Ortho Hi Fi

Picked this beauty up for a crisp $20 bill today. It's missing the record player, and has been hacked a bit... But the tuner, amp and speakers are all present. Whoever took it apart and put it back together way back when didn't notice one of the pins on a power connector wasn't making any contact., so it was dead on arrival.

All I have to say is, on FM radio this console sounds fantastic... Just awesome really. No hum, no distortion, no critical tuning or noise... Just fantastic hi-fi sound. RCA never lets me down - this is sound I can live with.

I am going to give it a once over, touch up the cabinet, and install an Optimus single play record player and a 3.5mm aux input jack. Young daughter recently has got into music in a big way, she was given a copy of the "frozen" sound track on LP recently and I wanted something she can operate - she listens to it almost every day and follows the lyrics in the insert. It's a wonderful experience you just can't get with computer tech - I plan to get her a new LP every few months... Lavish packaging and great sound quality make a person appreciate music as art rather than a commodity; my view anyway (And spare the Thorens in the big system)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (54.9 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by maxhifi; 06-28-2014 at 08:57 PM.