View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 11:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Where Are They Now?

The RCA 21CT55 has been permanently installed in my lab, operating as a composite monitor for over a year now. It is powered-up occasionally and has retained its picture quality as posted previously:

http://s677.photobucket.com/albums/v...0TV/?start=all

I am really impressed with the awesome cabinet and chassis restoration performed by AK member Bob Galanter. His serial # B880 1131 is among the earlier production while my #880 2897 is very near the end of production. His is the 17th known survivor, mine is the 16th. What's the latest info on the other 15? Who has them? How many are operational? How many are being restored? Which ones are owned by AK members?

Seems these rare second RCA production CTVs are seldom discussed on AK except when a member starts a restoration or ends one. I welcome any replies from all 21CT55 owners or interested others, regarding their present activity and possible progress towards getting these ultimate roundies operational. I'm aware of at least six AK members that have indicated they have 21CT55s. I would greatly appreciate their replys to this request for current status information. Thanks......Tom

Last edited by Tomcomm; 05-30-2009 at 06:32 PM.