View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 05:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Alright thanks I will give those a try.

This unit is definitely not the easiest to get the chassis out of the cabinet because of how they mounted it in there, they used 3 nuts to mount the chassis to the cabinet for the amplifier/power supply chassis, and the first two nuts are fairly easy to get to the 3rd one though is a PIA to get to because its located between the two tone control pots and its hard to get a socket and ratchet in there without buggering anything up.

The tuner chassis on the other hand I can't see where the mounting nuts are on it because its located partially behind a piece of wood supporting the cabinet and it impedes my line of sight to it, just to check the tubes I had to crane my neck every odd way to see the tube sockets to reinstall the tubes after I checked them.

Definitely not the most serviceable friendly chassis.

As for the "power switch" wafers when I turn it to the functional positions (the FM AFC and Phono positions) I hear a popping noise similar to the "relay click" you hear in the old Pioneer or Sansui stereo receivers from the 1970s and then the tubes start warming up and then I get my audio about 30 seconds later, and when I switch from the functional positions to the non-functional positions (going from FM-AFC to FM) the audio dies out right away with the gradual audio fade out of the capacitors discharging, and there isn't any popping noises when it does that.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 02-13-2024 at 06:07 PM.