View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 07:06 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
I sorta live HERE in this brand new category.....but actually I love to cruise ALL the TV set related categories.

I collect almost entirely "micro" stuff....and usually quircky weirdo things like the Panasonic flip-up Bladerunners, bi-siders and stuff I find odd in design. I live in a small two-bedroom flat....so don't have room to play with the big boys and their big roundie toys :-P

I 100% LOVE to watch though. Big consoles I can't even fathom bringing upstairs, the guy doing his REAL meticulous restore of the Predicta...including reproducing all the little epoxy modules on neat little perfboards!

My projects pretty much hafta fit on a coffeetable or a couple TV trays, or I just can't take it on. I also don't have room for as many "bench tools" as I'd like. I think my next purchase is going to HAVE to be a decent little ESR meter though. I'm pretty sure I replace four to ten times more caps than I need to from just not being able to REALLY check 'em.

Last edited by AiboPet; 09-25-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Audiokarma