View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 AM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
I will 2nd Toshiba, no question about it. Every other LXI I have
seen has been a Sanyo. Both were very good sets.
As findm said change ALL the lytics in the V out. One of them
will blow the IC so change the IC. They were only a few bucks.

73 Zeno
LFOD !
TA8403, TA8445 or something like that. Go with the electrolytics first - there are two smallish ones (2.2uf or 4.7uf or so), and two larger ones - one is a 1000uf, probably 25V, and the other is either a 100uF or 220uF - it's been a while. There are three others, one by the jungle chip - ESR was alway high, and the other two near the flyback, I forget the values and voltages. Chgeap fix - I've seen bad chips only when I had just a line. Any deflection means the chip is probably good, but go with the electrolytics first.

Sears had many rebadged sets - my favorites were the late 70s/early 80s Sanyos - great pix. Worst were the modular Toshibas of the early 80s. They also had a 1988ish LXI-badged Hitachi 19" monitor set, sold with a VCR that provided tuning. I was glad when Sears switched to selling name brand in the 90s, with no rebadged stuff. Montgomery Wards continued rebadging Sharp sets, and Kmart sold those lousy KMC sets. Sanyo went on to sell exclusively through Walmart for a while. I got one of the last Sanyo 32" NTSC sets at Walmart for 41.88, still sealed in the box. It's now my VCR test TV.....
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!