View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 03:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hot water in the US home is well above 40C. Typical is 50C to 60C. anything above 55 is a bit dangerous.

Modern US washers are not as good as older ones. They use too little water and always
rinse with cold water. Mine on hot (water at about 55C) will clean large loads that are just ordinary clothing worn to an office, on the "supersize" with a modest amount of powdered detergent, quite well and won't leave enough detergent to annoy my skin. Use liquid detergent and it won't get socks clean.

Modestly dirty clothes require modest loads with the supersize setting and lots of powdered detergent. Really dirty clothes require running through the wash cycle on hot, lots of powdered detergent, letting drain, and then running a whole cycle on hot to get all the dirt and detergent out (i.e. a hot wash followed by a cold wash.)

The good news is that the cycle is quite fast, and the water heater is up to generating
two loads of hot water. The system is actually quite OK, except that the recommended liquid detergent simply works badly.

The matching dryer works perfectly. It is amazing how well it knows to stop just exactly when the load gets completely dry.
It must have a humidity sensor.

A price comment: my washer cost $450. The absolutely identical washer in a small town in Panama was the exact same price. (Panama's official currency is the
US dollar ... they use our physical bills.)