View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 08:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

+1 on Zeno's last reply. In addition to the damper I would also investigate C261 which is just off the collector of the HOT. I'm looking at Sams 1312 and that cap may actually be a "feed thru" It will have a pin on each side of a flange, the flange is grounded, usually soldered to the chassis or a metal bracket. Sams lists this cap as 22-5395 .001 @ 1.2kv

If you are interested, google for a YouTube:
"Troubleshooting the 1973 Zenith 25DC56 Color Television Chassis" by drh4683.
Very good video, methodically troubleshooting the same chassis and circuits you are working with. Breaker popping, he locates a shorted safety cap. There may be a view of C261 in the video. He is also troubleshooting with the Zenith CM manual.

I am working on a 25DC56 and posting in the Solid State sub-forum. I haven't attempted to power my set up yet. I'm waiting on the safety cap subs from Mouser. If any of mine are open, I wouldn't be running it that way for any length of time, and if any of mine are shorted, not going anywhere anyway. So replacing them first is a good initial step, troubleshoot the rest after that.

My tripler, 212-139 is original as is my 63-9012-2 focus divider.

The red blob is your focus divider covered in HV-putty, was a replacement that started to arc. Sams lists 63-9896 as a replacement. I'm not sure about that....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zenith63-9896.jpg (44.6 KB, 25 views)