View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Can't quite make out the designation but looks like C458. The 100ufconnected between pins 9 and 13 is the usual culprit that causes vertical
output ics to fail.The resistor that would have opened if ic401 shorted is not in the picture.
If you trace back from the anode of d401 and positive side of c460 you should find another diode. between the anode of that diode and the flyback transformer in the circuit will be a low ohm value resistor. Check and see if it's open.Most sets run the vertical ic off the flyback. There was 1 Mitsubishi projection that ran it off the power supply but I don't recall a direct view Mitsubishi doing that.

You don't need to recap the set.I would check for signs of others leaking and replace the leakers as a preventative measure. you might have to take the power supply caps out to see if they are leaking to catch hidden leakers. Most of the smaller electrolytics are spaced enough off the board you can see underneath them. If you see a blackish wet looking corrosion on the lead it's a leaker and will cause future troubles.If it's clean the cap is probably good . Mitsubishi was known for this cap leakage problem in the late 80s-mid 90s sets.I've found as many as 80 in 1 set but electrolytics are pretty cheap.Won't affect alignment.
Audiokarma