View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Electronics Accumulator

I already tried every possible setting for the front panel controls, to no avail. I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm inside to hunt for a jumper and mess with the AGC control. If anyone does find any docs on this subject, I'd love to hear what you find, however! It's interesting that this was apparently a very real problem with these sets, and yet you rarely hear about it. I know Sony had a modification to the Playstation to correct this problem - but as I have found, the Super Nintendo does it too. And this set would have only been about 10 years old when the SNES came out, and there were probably a lot still in use. I wonder how many disappointed kids there were on Christmas morning as they found their brand new Super Nintendo doesn't work on the family TV.

The crazy thing is that the old original Nintendo works fine. As does the Atari. I've even had an Apple II connected to this - well known for it's off-spec video signal. And even that worked fine. But the Super Nintendo, Playstation, and the Philips CD-I don't work.

-Ian