View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 08:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irext View Post
The car wash approach scares me a bit. How do you ensure that no moisture remains in IF coils etc. Having said that it certainly does the job. I'll be watching your progress with great interest.
I bake it in the oven at the lowest temperature for about an hour.

The car wash gets the initial cleaning done. For the "final" cleaning as to what you see here, this is what I do.

After the board was removed from the chassis, a good look see inspection was done to determine the condition of the board. Both boards were in great shape. Then I head over to the sink and turn on lukewarm water. Then I spray the board with "Scrubbing Bubbles" bathroom cleaner. I let it foam for a few seconds, then I use a 1" chip brush I get from Harbor Freight, to gently, but completely, brush the entire board. Getting in between the components. You'll be amazed at how brown the foam will get. Probably from smoking all those years. Then it is completely rinsed off and the process is repeated. Once rinsed off, I shoot contact cleaner into the pots, tube sockets, adjustable coils, and elsewhere I think it needs it. Then into the oven again for about an hour or out in the Texas hot sun.

Last edited by Crist Rigott; 08-10-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Audiokarma