View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 09:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

hi volt, I might have to own a late 40s Plymouth one of these days....my kind of car! The 4drs are dirt cheap, too.

We have an '04 Winnebago class C on a Ford Econoline chassis with the V10. S-M-O-O-T-H engine, they really worked overtime ironing the roughness out of that thing. It's hard to check the mileage as I can never seem to fill the tank to the same level from time to time, but on one very long trip (to Branson) I averaged 10mpg. Imagine, a 15,000 lb house running 70 mph down the interstate, or it can drive Uncle Sandy's Mighty Valdez through 10 miles of Miracle Mile in Knoxville! Funny how that works.

I still have my '49 Packard & '51 Fordor, both are for sale and when one sells I'll keep the other. My favorite is whichever one I'm driving at the time! I've been daydreaming a lot lately about what I might own next; one guy hinted he might be willing to trade a '63/64 Thunderbird for the Packard, which might be interesting. Then, I spotted a '27 Buick sedan for sale. Rear seat legroom? You could hold a square dance back there!

And the mention of self-driving cars? Supposedly my step-brother has programmed his Tesla to park itself when he gets to work (he just hops out at the office door) and when he's ready to leave it comes and gets him. I don't know...to me, it's nice to be somewhere, hear a car alarm, and know without a doubt it's not me!