View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 12:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

The gear on he back of the TV dial makes setup easy. I used the signal generator to output a crosshatch pattern on channel 4 and when it was perfectly tuned, I slipped the dial onto the shaft engaging the dial gear teeth with a lower reduction gear on the tuner and channel 4 illuminated by the dial light and the tuning bar through the opaque portion. I tried checking the accuracy moving the generator to channel 7 output and rotating the dial towards it and that's when I noticed the dial mismatch. I'm curious to know how the FM tuner works. Both dials spin in the same direction but at different rates, the FM dial turning much faster than the TV dial. There's a wide, opaque region on the TV dial labeled "FM" and my guess is by the time that area traverses the dial light, all of the FM stations on its dial will spin through the opening allowing tuning across the broadcast FM band. But none of this is going to happen until I find the appropriate dial or...dare I say...swap out the tuners. That's a daunting prospect for sure.
Audiokarma