View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 02:01 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for the information!

I was looking through ebay and there is listed on there a NOS Alliance 'Tenna Rotor Model U100 that has everything there in the box including the control box, the rotor assembly, the instructions, and all the mounting hardware for $150 BIN, would that be something worth looking into? I would definitely like a vintage unit to kind of go with the vintage feel of the house, but also because I really wouldn't trust any of the modern rotors to last very long (and also they looked really complicated to operate.)

Also I'm going to assume that you can get the outdoor antenna 300 ohm to 75 Ohm adaptors at places like lowes or menards too besides amazon?

Sorry for all of the questions but this is the first time I've ever dealt with an outdoor antenna like this, so I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

Now, my grandparents lived in an old farm house that was built by my grandmother's grandfather in 1920, and my grandparents had a large antenna tower outside their farmhouse that they had hooked up to their TV and my dad told me that they were able to pick up WGN Channel 9 out of Chicago on their TV when he was growing up back in the 1970s and they lived in Culver, Indiana out in the middle of nowhere.

Would it be possible to pick up WGN out of Chicago using a rooftop antenna that is properly setup these days or is the days of DX'ing TV stations a thing of the past?

Just Curious.