View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Actually....his write-up was the only thing that made me get the nerve up to start recapping this set. I recapped that whole first board and some of the bigger stuff on the sweeps board.

You reminded me that the handle on mine has the two front corners sorta busted off. I've actually seen three of these in person...and ALL of them had this sort of "busted on both front corners" of the bakelite handle.

I wouldn't be beyond buying the remainder of the "leftover" set from you if it wasn't gonna keep someone else from having the parts THEY need. I recently tried to buy a CRT from Eric.....but he seems to forgot about this (a small one NOT for this 301).

My only real need is for that board in back I can't get to behave...and maybe those small back knobs, and now that handle. I'm not really stressing about the handle so much though. It's not perfect...but obviously good enough I keep forgetting it's chipped. I have been looking to find a second "doner" set so I could pretty much do the same as you have and build one nice one. There is a REALLY rough one on ebay right now.....but that guy thinks he's gonna get like $250 for a set that has very deffinately been to hell and back.

Last edited by AiboPet; 10-11-2012 at 05:50 PM.