View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 06:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well I figured out what one of the sources of the interference was, it was my battery charger for my battery powered vacuum cleaner, when I left it plugged in after recharging the battery for my vacuum the charger apparently stayed powered on just enough to emit that aforementioned noise I talked about.

I actually took apart that charger and tested all of the electrolytics in it and they all measured 20+ Ohms ESR so then I replaced all but two of them because I accidentally ordered the wrong type of capacitors for two of them (I ordered surface mounted rather than PC Pin type capacitors.)

Also another one of the noise makers in my place was my nightlights that have the photocells on them so that they turn off at dawn and and turn on at dusk, apparently incandescent nightlights with dawn-to-dusk sensors on them put out some interference as well.

As for the distance those stations are from me and how good they come in, WLS, and WOWO both come in really well all day, but then WOWO actually shifts their transmitter signal in the evening from west to east so then at night WOWO doesn't come in as well in the evening/late night hours, but WJR, WLW and KXEL all come in great in the evening which is mainly when I listen to those stations, I guess I should of made that clearer.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 03-25-2024 at 06:52 PM.