View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post

Again, old Chevys need a special kind of love. My van likes to be treated a certain way....she'll do anything you ask, but you have to treat her with a gentle hand and understanding. It'll last *me* forever, but in the hands of just about anyone else it'd give up the ghost within a couple months. I wouldn't hesitate buying another, but I just can't let this one go . I even rebuilt the turbo 350 myself for about $100 half a dozen years ago, pulled it out on my back in the driveway with jack stands on the front.

A relationship with an old Chevy van is like being married to an ugly soulmate. While you dream every moment of having something more attractive, you just can't bear to part ways because of how much it really contributes to your life......
Awwweee That's soooo sweettt.....

Lotsa vehicles over 15 yrs. old will do ok with their current loving owner....

I remember doing a water pump on my '73 mustang 351 A/C it took me all day long, I removed more bolts and stuff.... Easily took twice as long, and twice as much stuff as taking the head off the wife's 91 accord.... And I took off the timing belt completely first.... I can't imagine how long it would take to do a water pump on a van.... yikes...

Last edited by Username1; 03-28-2014 at 07:13 AM.