View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 09:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Sometimes the contacts in vibrators are so corroded they won't vibrate even at 6V AC...the vibrator in my 47 olds radio needed close to 24VAC from my variac and some light knocking on it to wake it up... it isn't a bad idea to put a 6 or 12V turnsignal bulb in series as a current limiter during the AC wakeup cycle...it can also serve as an indicator if it started working.
OK, Thanks, will give that a try as well.

I've pretty much recapped this whole radio except for 3 capacitors, C12,C13, C16 and C12 and C13 are a part of the vibrator circuit but not sure what their purpose is in the vibrator circuit, they are "in series" with L2 which is the "A" Choke, and C16 is apart of the output tube socket circuit (I think its a cathode bypass cap) and its a .003 MFD Cap and I unfortunately didn't order one because I thought I had one laying around in my cap stash but I didn't.

C12 and C13 are kind of funky caps in that one side of the caps are crimped and soldered to the chassis and the other side are attached to L2 and the Vibrator socket, but I'm not sure if those caps should be replaced and if so how to go about replacing them.

C16 on the other hand I was wondering how critical the value of that part is because I do have some .001 MFD caps which if I could put one of those in that spot I might do that instead until I can make another order.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 04-21-2021 at 03:31 PM.