View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I like....big sparks!!

Mitsubishi DLP bulbs

We have a Mitsu WD62525 in the customer lounge at work...I have a WD52525 at home. We decided to buy a spare bulb for the work set, and, a few days later I ordered one for my set. Purchased the bulb for the 62" from Mwave on the 'bay...and I bought a bulb for mine from the same vendor.

The bulb for the set at work arrived...and it wouldn't fit. Slid right in...but wouldn't go the last 1/4" to engage the power connector & the mounting screws. Tech support at Mwave said to examine the bulb housing & see if the connector was mounted "reverse". Nope. There must be some subtle difference in the housing to make it a non-fit. Mwave said to return the bulb for replacement.

Meanwhile...the bulb for my set arrives. Same story. This time, Mwave said to return it for a refund. I'm thinking they discovered a problem with bulbs from that particular supplier. Meanwhile...I'm waiting for the exchange bulb for the work set to see if it fits. In my case...as soon as they refund my $$ I'm buying a bulb from a different vendor.

All that aside...I think the picture on a DLP set is as close to a CRT picture as some "digital" device can get. I find the blend of IC tech with a color wheel is quirky & cool. Can't beat a 52" screen for $200...bought it from a friend of my son's who "upgraded" to a 3-D rig.