View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 07:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for all the posts guys.

Yes there is cable available as I said in the original post but it is specific to her building I believe and she has shut it off to cut expenses.

Off on a tangent, but where I live there is NO analog signal left on the cable at all. You have to get some kind of converter box even for basic cable.

It is an older set, probably 2009 or something, but a good quality Sony Bravia.

I know she is very close to the antennas, looks like 1-3 miles for these stations. It may be the building or maybe they are firing over her head. But she is up on the 12th floor so I would think a 1 megawatt flamethrower (which a couple of these are) ought to have some signal strength.

The new antenna is supposed to be 40 miles range and it is pointed roughly in the right direction.

The fact that some OTA stations are received and others are SNOW (not 'no signal' as is normal with weak digital signals) is very odd. But we still need to try switching the signal type in the setup menu. I will report back on that.

I also have her asking around in the building to see if anyone else is using an antenna.