Thread: Silvertone 1771
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 10:22 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsuttle View Post
Yeah, unfortunately out of range, but then again I am only using a 6ft wire indoors. I took my longwire antenna down for the hurricane season and haven't put it back up yet. This radio does a phenomenal job of handling any noise (still susceptible noisy lights) and is definitely one of the better tabletops that I've worked on.
An easier thing to do if your worried about storms/tree branches taking out your longwire would be to take the end that does not feed your radios and instead of tying the rope from the insulator to a ---- (tree/pole/building: pick one) make that rope long and feed it through a pulley that is attached to your ---- (pick one ), and put a weight on the other end of the rope to keep the wire taught....Maybe add a short section of string slightly weaker than the ant wire between the weight and end of the rope to act as a breakaway if the ant gets pulled farther than the length of the rope.

I was thinking of doing that way back when I lived in Florida, but I moved before I could do it...And an acquaintance was a bit of an asshole sabotaging one of my comparably rigged wires so anything not idiot proof was at risk.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4