View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 04:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thank you Titan1a, dr.ido, and Electronic M for weighing in.

Titan1a: It may well be a digital RGB input, but I doubt it's 30 kHz. For one, this is a TV, so it can certainly handle a standard 15 kHz signal, and although my understand of Tv electronics is limited, I understand it would require little (or essentially no) additional circuitry to have an RGB input at 15.5 kHz, since that it is what a composite signal is converted to anyway before it's fed to the picture tube. In fact, such a thing is quite standard on TVs in Europe, which often have a SCART connector that can accept an RGB signal. Now, to have additional circuitry to accept a 30 kHz RGB signal is certainly possible, but I wonder what it would have been used for in 1985, when this TV was made. VGA was introduced in 1987.

dr.ido: You said you used other monitors with this kind of connector with an Amiga. Do you still know what the correct pinout is?

Electronic M: Yes, the connector does look identical to an 8-pin EIAJ jack, but it is labeled RGB and the TV does in fact have a mode switch in the front, and one of the modes is RGB. I found a picture on the WWW of a Toshiba TV (CX2084C) with the same kind of connector labeled RGB, but could not find any additional info on that TV either.
Audiokarma