View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 08:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

[QUOTE=Crist Rigott;3193431]Guys, this is what I use to store my resistors, mica caps, safety caps, etc.
I cut the cardboard from Home Depot large moving boxes. I get 2 parts bins from each box. I lay out the pattern and cut it out using my #11 hobby knife. On the fold lines I cut part way through the cardboard. Once cut out I fold it and tape the edges using shipping tape.

The envelopes are #3 coin envelopes that are 4 1/4 high by 2 1/2 wide. I use a piece of 3/4 x 3 long of scotch tape and tape over the bottom flap. This prevents the other envelopes from catching on the flap when replacing the envelope back into the storage box.

I use Aleene's Tacky Glue to glue in the divider. It helps to draw a 1/4 wide space on the "inside" of the box before folding and taping. These lines are then used to locate the divider.

The pictures should provide the details. A pdf drawing of the layout is included with this post.

QUOTE]
As usual, a great deal of attention to detail.
I was never that patient for a project like that. I'm better with the electronic restorations, where I do a very respectable job.