View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 AM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Nope....all three sets have these same markings, and the caps I replaced in the (now working) set...were mostly marked green. Someone in the factory marks them these two colors for some odd reason. I could painstakingly look where each one is in the schematics, but that would take longer than just pulling them out and replacing 'em.

Almost EVERY electrolytic in these sets I have checked are either WAY off....or completely open. Each one makes some difference or other in vertical height or linearity. I still haven't gotten to the one causing whatever linearity weirdness I'm still seeing in the one set. Figured I will get one of the other sweep boards completely recapped and switch it in. Most the caps I have in my big plastic "bin-O-caps" are not the exact values. I don't have 50uf caps in that collection at all....so I go with 47uf and they seem to be doing alright. Most of my caps are 50v, so they are WELL above the voltages of most of the original 16V caps.