View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:13 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
I'm new to this site....and saw this thread.

My "greatest" achievement around 15 years ago was to recap an old Sanyo 19" vertical monitor in my Donkey Kong upright cabinet. A friend closed an arcade up in LA (I'm in San Diego), and I bought a Frogger, Galaga and this DK machine. I've had the DK machine with me EVERYWHERE for like 20 years now.....and it's NOW just recently dead (scrambled ROM...gave the board away and built a decent MAME machine in it). I miss the original board, but the MAME machine has been going strong for more than five years.....and it's nice to have ONE machine in the 2 bedroom apartment that will do it all (I did have to build a new CP to play things like Crazy Climber). The Frogger and Galaga machine still run. They are at my parent's house up in LA. The Frogger seems to ALWAYS require playing with edge-card connectors.

If I had the room, I would likely ALSO have an arcade collection. I joined up because I do now have a collection of "micro" TV sets, and recently got a couple sets that officially would take me into "restoration". You can see my intro a bit further up in this category.