View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 09:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crt89 View Post
I remember once when I stayed at my aunt's house, she had a weird TV set in one of the bedrooms. It was an Emerson, I'd guess 13" but possibly a little smaller. There was no remote. It had a woodgrain cabinet.

What was odd is there were channel frequencies printed on a line at the top of the screen (maybe all at top, but it seemed UHF was on one and VHF on the other), and when you turned on the set or changed channels, a green line would appear on the screen for a few seconds and line up with the numbers printed on the strip.

I seem to recall it only had a power button, channel +/- and volume +/- buttons, there were no direct entry buttons from what I can remember.

Has anyone seen this kind of TV? It always seemed unusual to me, and I don't recall any others like it. I believe I looked on the back and it was from 1985.
I don't know if Emerson used that system, but I have small screen RCA's and GE sets that had that system.
IIRC, the VHF had the red line and UHF was green. It actually worked rather well. No remote!