View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 09:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
OK entirely different symptom from dead oscillator. Apologies for bad info.
Happy to have you chime in. Right after your suggestion I gave a look in that area and happened to be lucky enough to find what Electronic M was about to suggest before he suggested it!

Sure enough, found that there was indeed a jumper with a corroded end. I excised that end, extracted the detached lead and soldered a new lead to that one. This was the jumper going from R199 to R184 with 405v on it leading to the G-Y and R-Y amps.

Once that was done I returned the chassis to the cab and proceeded to coax out a barber pole, straightened that out, and tweaked on the chroma section with composite injected into the Vid amp, pin 7. Having dialed that into a decent ballpark, I then injected into the antenna and dialed in the IF (yeah I know, I was monkeying before with the dang cans, trying to jump start the chroma back up after failing, and threw it all kinds out of whack)

The color is back and the picture would be nicer if only my Focus wasn't on the fritz. The focus problem recently cropped up. I heard some snapping and arcing a couple days ago. I suspect a shorted turn on the coil or a bad resistor. Haven't really dived into that yet.

For now we have color and a decent picture. Tomorrow? We know how that goes.

Last edited by Jon1967us; 07-07-2021 at 10:29 PM.