View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsbeard View Post
About two years ago, I went on a little road trip (approx 500km round trip) to pick up this 76 Quasar console. Got it from an elderly couple that bought it new in early 77 for 861$ (they still had the receipt for it!). They told me that the TV had been in their basement since about 1991, and that they rarely used it since then. They where happy to see it go to a good home.

The reason, I bring this up now, is that I kept the TV in storage at my stepmother house since, but in a few weeks I bring it home with me, and I wanted to know more about it.

Obviously it's not as collectible as a real Motorola works in a drawer, but it's still early enough to be intersting (to me anyway ).

Please feel free to share your thought about this one!

Thanks!
Um, rare in these parts! Your set is a "Super Module Chassis" set - 75% of the set's circuitry is on the SF-panel super module. The two Super Module chassis produced by Matsushita/Quasar were the TS-958 and TS-959.

I have the Technical Training data for your set - description, receiver functions, circuit descriptions, troubleshooting, and adjustments. Last two pages are the schematics for the 958 and 959 chassis. I may also have the Service manual for your set - I know I've got a lot of TS-95x-97x manuals.

Interesting chassis - 7 safety caps from the HOT collector to ground!

Cheers,

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Audiokarma