View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 01:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yeah, of course I used adtpro prior to getting the CFFA and it works just fine, but just not as convenient IMO. I hear you on the nostalgia thing. I'm usually like that too. Generally I like things as original as possible (be it my arcade games or my vintage TV or radio) but if there's a non-invasive mod that makes it more practical, I'm more likely to consider it. Since I've had some hit-and-miss luck with some of the floppies I've bought (either right out of the box or after a short amount of use), practicality as well as long term considerations made it worthwhile to me. Also, it's nice to financially support those who contribute to the hobby in such a significant way.

Along similar lines, I've got an Atari 2600 but because I have neither the time nor inclination to become a cart collector, I opted to buy a Harmony cart.

And finally, there's the kid acceptance factor. I had to ask myself what would make the Apple and Atari more appealing to the kids, and fortunately they enjoy playing both fairly regularly. My son in particular seems to be developing a real appreciation and love for retro technology which certainly puts a smile on my face. I don't know if he's necessarily going to want dozens of arcade games in his home when he grows up like I have, but I know the appreciation will continue on into the next generation.