View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 05:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA SFT100 CED player

So I went to the Wisconsin antique radio club swap meet yesterday and didn't come back with any radios, but did score this CED player (1981 RCA SFT100), a 1979 Zenith VR9000W1 betamax VCR, a B&K 1076 TV analyst, and an old 3-speed bicycle.

I was surprised that this actually just worked when I tried it out, but after making it most of the way through an episode of Star Trek, the color started dropping in and out. I read that this was a belt issue, caused by the belt slipping and the turntable not going at a constant speed. So anyone know where to get CED player belts?

Also, is there anywhere around here I can pic up some beta tapes? (I know I can buy them on ebay, but I'd like to just drive somewhere nearby and pick one up) - I don't have any, and I'd like to pick up a tape to test that VCR with, I don't care what it is. When I lived in Los Angeles there was a thrift store I used to go to that had probably thousands of beta tapes (I don't know if they still have them, that was about 10 years ago now). I also know a thrift store in Lansing that even last year usually had a few beta tapes in with the VHS.

I'll post pics of the CED player later...

Last edited by Adam; 08-21-2017 at 05:39 PM.