View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 05:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Have you tried repositioning the yoke? 90% of the dynamic convergence is handled by tilting the front of the yoke. Sometimes the yoke gradually slides back and droops down over the years. The rubber wedges that hold the yoke in position can also move, or fall out. Check out the service manual to any TV with an in-line CRT for some idea of how to adjust the convergence.

Are you sure the CRT is original? One thing that will cause serious convergence problems is trying to use a CRT with an incompatible yoke. You'll end up with the red and blue rasters being either too big, or too small compared to the green.
I have no idea if the CRT is original. Looks original, but I don't know how you tell when you don't have the original bill of materials anywhere.

I understand already that the position of the yoke affects dynamic convergence, but this thing was SOLIDLY glued in place, as were the wedges. I finally managed to break it free a few days ago, after much effort, but I wasn't able to find a position where the convergence was good all over the monitor. The best I could get was the center and top of the monitor having good convergence, but blue was still quite a ways off from red and green at the bottom of the monitor.