View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 06:36 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctc17 View Post
Ok lets fix this thing....
The first thing I will say is the 390k resistor has nothing to do with it on this set. Its not even tied together like that. The thing calls for 200ma, if thats what you have and the screen is 140v I would wonder if you got the bias and the screens cranked up way to high. Check the HV reg current (it has a jumper) and see if you are getting the 1ma with a dark screen.
ok, the crt bias is down ccw all the way the R G B drives are not even a quarter up they are very low, and the G B drives as well are really low. because i know if they are to high then sometimes you get the lines running across the screen like i have now faint but i see them and they each are a color.there are only 2 sets of lines running left to right and fades toward the middle. could you tell me where or what to break to check this hv reg current with the meter? would this be under the chassis or could i get to checking it behind the 6bk4. as far as a gassy crt i have looked in the dark for the dreaded glow of death in the neck and never seen any. as far as the crt testing, on the bk440 tester at 5v after a minute the needle bearly makes it close to the 200 mark which 200 reading or more is good. at 6.3v the needle just makes it over the 200 mark. at the color setting next to 6.3v it may be 7v i dont know it shows very good so i really dont know if the 6.3 reading would infact be good or if the crt is tired well then it is what it is if everything else checks out ok. the jumper in the sams for hv reg current is that jumper closed or is it opened all the time? the reason i ask is that jumper if i remember correctly was under the chassis and i think it was closed by means of a component where on the tie strap one leg was long and was tied together that way and i may have opened it thinking it was not to be closed and that it was open to put a meter across.should this spot be closed? i will look under to see if i had left it opened or closed. because i remember open or closed the set worked. ok 1ma bright down.