View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

I think I'll disable automatic updates whenever this gets fixed. Seems the latest version of Firefox is very resource-hungry; drop-down and context menus are very slow to appear.

Edit: All older versions are available, Mozilla just hides them well. I just ran the 53 installer, huge improvement. Kind of funny how the installer checked the existing installation then gave me an "upgrade" button to go ahead with the installation. How true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Welcome to my everyday experience on VK. I now use a script blocker that has to relearn all the nasty ways Google injects their scripts. Every third or fourth page load, and back to reloading pages. It's Google's AdSense service. I use the NoScript security suite add-on. Sad that VK can't tame the scripts.

I'm on Linux Mint, so IE is out, but Chromium works.
I've been using NoScript for who knows how long now. Other than the slow menus, no problems here. Mom has a first-gen iPad mini that can't use an ad blocker (I don't know about script blockers). Pages reload left and right on that thing, doesn't take a lot to choke it.

Last edited by Jon A.; 09-24-2017 at 03:51 PM.